It's that time of year again in Canada. In celebration of Thanksgiving, a lot of us will be sitting in front of a turkey dinner at some point this weekend.
How many of you take a moment during the holiday to actually give thanks? I know we never did in my house. Thanksgiving was all about food, food, and more food. It may be a cheesy convention that only exists in fiction, but I think it's a great idea to go around the table and have everyone mention at least one thing they're thankful for.
Since Thanksgiving Monday is a holiday, I most likely won't be blogging. So welcome to my table a few days early.
Here are just a few things I'm grateful for:
- The most beautiful summer and fall this city has ever known. Do you know it was over 30 degrees Celsius here the other day? In October! Unheard of. And if any place deserves a break in the weather department, it's Winnipeg.
- The Boy who supports me and my crazy training schedule, who makes the healthy salads I eat for lunch each day and packs up the cottage cheese in reusable containers, and who deals with cleaning the kitty boxes and all the other things I don't have time for these days...without (much) complaint.
- My friends, who continue to cheer me on, even though a lot of them haven't seen me for some time. I include my four-legged friends, who see me more often, and who bring so much joy to my life.
- My kru (coach), who has been there for me 100 percent through this process. I am so grateful for his support.
- Being in the best shape of my life. I'm wearing a pair of white! pants with stripes that I've never worn before because the slightest flaw or bulge made them unflattering. If anything, they're a little too big now. Incredible!
- This Sunday, during which I plan to do absolutely nothing but relax. Ahhh....
- Being out of debt, and having a roof over my head and good (if limited) food to eat.
- Having the opportunity to challenge and push myself harder than ever before. It's a blessing, even through all the devastating lows and self-doubt I've experienced.
- Good books and hot baths.
- Autumn air.
- All of you. Happy Thanksgiving!