Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lost: Progress Report


Welcome back dear readers,

It may seem like I have muay thai on the brain these days, and I am thinking about it a lot as I prepare for my upcoming test. My workout schedule will get crazier as the test draws near--by the last weeks, I'll be spending every weeknight in a kickboxing class. (I'm grateful the gym isn't open on Sundays.)

However, I am still working a lot on my writing. I'm currently polishing the manuscript of Lost, which has to be on its way to a contest judge by November 30th. It's been at least a year, maybe more, since I last looked at this book, and I'm pleasantly surprised. It's more embellished than the way I currently write, but so far I'm loving it. There's some cleaning up to do, but I haven't suffered from an "oh God, this SUCKS!" moment yet.

To make my deadline, I have to weed through sixteen pages per day. I was able to squeeze in a little extra yesterday, so I'm ahead of schedule, which is a good place to be. Anything can happen between now and the end of November.

Freelancing assignments also continue to roll in, much to the delight of my bank accounts--I have six stories due by the end of the month. Goodbye, spare time! I'm so grateful that my job is typically 9 to 5 and that I rarely have to take home work from the museum.

Please bear with me if the blog entries become briefer or more sporadic this month. I'm determined not to be a fly-by-night blogger, but I have more on my plate than ever before.

What about you, dear readers? What's keeping you busy these days?

4 comments:

  1. Go to it... YOU CAN DO IT!

    [actually this will give me a chance to catch-up with your blog entries I missed; not to mention the best-of-the-best are well worth re-reading :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are coming along nicely. Isn't it funny how your writing style can change over time. I really should start looking for an outlet for novel #1 again. I really should just write again, period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that moment when you go back and re-read something you wrote and realize it doesn't suck as badly as you thought it did, if at all. I just re-read some of what I've written for NaNo so far and I actually kind of like it. :)

    Good luck with training and with LOST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Jocé - thanks, but don't get your hopes up. I like to keep my commitments, so I'll be surprised if I actually skip a blog post. :)

    @ Kim - Yes, you should.

    @ Madeline - you're a brave woman for tackling NaNoRiMo. I haven't attempted that challenge yet - maybe next year. Thanks for your kind wishes, and best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete